The old sound
For several years I have been working with baroque instruments, viols, baroque violins, violas baroque and baroque cellos.
Repair, restoration, technical set-up and sound adjustment are my priorities.
Baroque instruments, baroque bows and accessories
If you are looking for a baroque instrument, I’m glad to help.
As well as there are contacts to find something suitable for you.
A small selection is available:
At the moment
- one baroque violin built by myself
- one baroque violin from the Vogtland
- one baroque violin built with dome wood of the Munich Frauenkirche
- an old Violoncello piccolo (still in need of some restoration)
- 2 old german violins with baroque set-up
- a baroque violin from the Far East which is also available for rent, 25€ / month.
- One Bass Viol from Uebel/Celle
- one bass viol Fa. Iesta
- one baroque cello Fa. Iesta, also available for rent, 50€/ month
- one baroque Viola also made with dome wood of the Frauenkirche.
I work with bow makers, who produce baroque bows, and can provide a selection without obligation. If you like to try some, please contact me, and I will organize this for you.It usually takes 2-3 weeks time.
At the moment in the workshop there are available:
1 Classical violin bow by Daniel Koop
1 Baroque viola bow and 1 baroque violin bow by Luthès
1 Baroque violin bow by Daniel Koop
1 Bass viol bow by Iesta
Gut strings for all viols are available from Pirastro.
Gut strings for baroque violin, baroque viola and baroque cello are available from Pirastro and some other brands such as Aquila, Kürschner, pure corde.
Leather mute for baroque violin, viola, cello and double bass
From an Italian template I produce leather mutes for use on Baroque violins, violas, cellos and double basses.
- the mute remains on the instrument and cannot get lost
- Gentle muting, the beautiful tone of your instrument remains
- The mute can be adjusted to your individual arching bridge height in the workshop
The prices are:
violin 12 €
viola 14 €
cello 18 €
double bass 24€
plus packing /shipping.
It can be ordered by phone or mail. Please contact me!